1/2 lb Bucatini pasta
1c fresh jumbo lump crab from blue crab, sustainably caught from Maryland, Western- Central Atlantic Ocean, Chesapeake Bay, drained and picked for shells
3 cloves fresh pressed garlic
1/4c unsalted butter
1/4tsp crushed red pepper
2tbs olive oil Zest of
1 lemon Juice of 1 lemon
2tbs fresh chopped parsley plus more for garnish
1. In a medium skillet over low heat, melt butter, oil, garlic, and chili flakes for about 10-15 minutes until garlic is soft and fragrant.
2. While garlic is roasting, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta until al dente (about 8 minutes). Drain pasta, reserving 1/2c-3/4c of the cooking water.
3. Once the garlic is soft and fragrant, increase heat to medium-low heat and add the crab stirring to heat through (about 2 minutes).
4. Add the drained pasta and 1/2c of the pasta water to make the sauce. Add fresh parsley, lemon juice, and 1tbs of lemon zest. Adjust seasonings if needed.
5. Divide pasta into bowls and sprinkle with fresh parsley and lemon zest. Pair with St. Supéry Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc and crusty bread.